Thursday, June 10, 2010

The rivers are deep

I am clinging to Isaiah 43 today, until my fingers rub raw.  I cannot make it through this day alone and I am thankful for God's Word that met me this morning with the words "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.  When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown."  Rivers (plural).

I imagine myself right now slipping along on the rocks.  The river is getting higher and faster, I am at an intersection of large waterways, the shore further oft.  I panic a little as the water rises over my nose and I have to have my head back to breathe.  I imagine that only my eyes and nose are above the water level and all I can do is look up and see the sky.  I cannot see forward or backward, I cannot tell if the river is going to get deeper or more shallow.  But He says when the water is DEEP and therefore dark, He will be with me. He says that I will not drown because He is my savior, my rescuer, my help.

So I take a deep breath, and rest my head back, with my hands held up, ready for rescue, I will await in faith.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I have no wisdom.  Doctors aren't helpful.  They say my thyroid is actually getting better, yet my sleep is not better.  I have maxed out on drugs and I don't want to go that route anymore, so I don't know what to do.  But I DO know that I have but one savior.  He alone will get the glory at my rescue.  He alone.

He says I am precious to Him, I am honored, and He loves me.  When the victory's still on it's way, as the battle wages around me, the flames get higher and hotter, I will wait on Christ.  Praise Jesus that one day I will be with Him and one day there will be no more suffering.  I will be forever rescued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...