Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cupcake Hangover

Cupcake hangover.  I ate 3 un-iced cupcakes yesterday.  3.  Have a bit of a tummy-ache.  Then I went and iced them today.  Ugh: now I have an icing-headache from licking spoons, bowls, beaters...  Oh, but aren't they lovely?  Not sure why I needed to make like 36 for no particular occasion.  But it was fun!

Tried 2 different chocolate recipes:
Dark chocolate
Were a bit heavier and cakier (is that a word?)

Devil's chocolate.  Lighter, fluffier, better for cupcakes I think

On to icing.
Tried Chocolate- Peanut Butter

Made a mistake though:
Put icing in icing bag.
Left in fridge overnight to ice them today.
Oops.  Should have re-whipped the icing today- so the icing wasn't cracky.

But the best was the Chocolate-Chip-Mint:

In both cupcake recipes I used buttercream frostings.
Now what to do.
Eat the rest? 

Who wants a cupcake?

Next on the list to conquer:
Espresso buttercream frosting on mocha cupcakes.  Breakfast of champions!

Some other combinations I'm dreaming up:
Lemon Raspberry Buttercream
Chocolate Black Cherry Cream Cheese
Pumpkin Maple Buttercream

oh boy.  Surest way to gain weight.  Should I stop here?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...