Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pinterest and I

Since discovering pinterest I've been experimenting with different activities with Silas.  Most have been a bust, I'm not gonna lie.  But even though some things only capture his interest for 5 minutes, and often require more work and clean up, I am still inspired.  I've started to think more creatively about how to 'entertain' (and teach) my son.  I've also started to see things differently that I might otherwise throw out.  For example: cardboard, empty chocolates boxes, bubble paper, straws...I'm stockpiling these things so that I can create things like this:
[sensory 'table' from an old chocolates box, coloured rice, beads, and mixed beans from the bulk section]


[what it looked like after he was playing for awhile]

or this:
[puff ball monkey hockey....something so simple, yet he LOVES playing with this]
Now I find myself scouring the internet searching for different ways to interact with and engage toddlers.  We've tried painting, homemade play dough, paint in the tub, cheerio stacking, etc etc.  Silas' favourite so far seems to be what we gave him for Christmas.  Drum roll...  Coloured popsicle sticks + parmesan cheese container.  [So cheap, I know]  Yet Hours. Of. Fun.  Dumping, re-inserting, shaking, dumping {repeat}.  
I think the main reason this has been so thrilling for me is not that I'm now getting 'so much done' with an occupied toddler, but I feel more engaged.  I think I was getting bored with the same 'ol ways to play with him.  SO if you have any toddler activities- send them my way!!!


Just for kicks, here's cute little Toby, growing like a weed.  6 weeks old, 9 lbs and 15 oz of my cute blue-eyed baby-boy:

one more photo entitled: "he can't make that big of a mess in 30 seconds alone can he?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...